Adam Bull

Adam Bull

Bull & Reinhardt, PLLC
  • Divorce, DUI & DWI, Family Law...
  • North Carolina, North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Over 28 years of experience representing clients and assisting them in resolving their legal matters. We have the knowledge skill and expertise to tackle even the most complex cases. I understand that being involved in legal matters and having to call an attorney can be a confusing and daunting task. We are here to assist you, to answer your questions and to guide you through the legal process and to make it as easy and quick as possible.

We will not give you advice that merely prolongs the matter and increases your costs. I recognize that resolution is cathartic and my goal is address your legal issues quickly and efficiently.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Domestic Violence
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
  • Contingent Fees
    We will consider handling matters on contingency fee on a case by case basis
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
ID Number: 18950
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Bull & Reinhardt, PLLC
- Current
Law Office of Adam W. Bull
McDowell, Lewis & Bull
Harrell & Leake
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
J.D. (1992) | Law
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Logo
North Carolina State University
B.A. (1989) | Political science
North Carolina State University Logo
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar # 18950
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Parenting Cooridnator
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
NC Court reporters conference, Asheville
Websites & Blogs
Bull & Reinhardt, PLLC
Legal Answers
64 Questions Answered

Q. Wanting to know if I have a case?
A: This doesn't sound like a homeowners insurance but maybe life insurance. Ultimately it's a contract issue. If the default was not cured there may not be relief. However if he passed during the grace period, generally the policy should be honored. Consult an experienced civil litigation attorney to review the policy and determine if you can prevail.
Q. I want to contest the validity or enforcement of a "notice of regristration" what written request should I fill out?
A: to attack the validity of the judgement you would need to file that in Illinois. the only basis to contest the registration in NC is to contend and show that the order from Illinois is invalid, meaning it has been stricken or set aside or is on appeal. Disagreeing with the out of state order does not create invalidity. Presumably it is being registered here in NC for enforcement purposes. As such any modification of the order would also have to be done in Illinois.
Q. Where can I find a request form for interrogatories and production of documents for North Carolina
A: There are no standard forms. Each case 8s different and therefore different information may be needed. An experienced family law attorney can formulate the necessary discovery.
Q. How to divorce a Federal inmate?
A: She can file an action for divorce and have him served in prison. Assuming he doesn't contest any of the allegations, the divorce can be obtained by summary judgment so she would not have to be here.
Q. My cousin is 28 and she has a 12 year old daughter that will be 13 years old this year. To myself and my other family
A: No. She is a minor and cannot make those decisions until she is 18. You or other relatives who have a substantial relationship with the child, could seek custody, but to do so will need to able to prove the mother is unfit which is a high burden. I would caution against getting social services involved unless the circumstances create a substantial risk to the child, otherwise they may get involved over something minor, and end up placing child in foster care. I would suggest you consult with an experienced family law attorney who can evaluate the situation or seek to address your concerns directly with your sister and seek family counseling.
Q. What if the father is following the agreement made in mediation and the child cries and cries they don’t want tl go
A: The child crying is generally not a basis to modify or withhold visits without more evidence of negative effects on the child as its not unusual for children to be upset about any change in there situation depending on their age. Consult with an experienced family law attorney to determine if there is enough evidence to proceed with modifying custody.
Q. Is it conflict of interest if judge issued a protective order is law professor at the University the petitioner attends?
A: No, unless he somehow has a strong relationship with the other party. There are presumably hundreds if not thousands of students so you would need to show a much greater connection.
Q. Can you keep a child from a parent if they tried to pick them up drunk
A: Yes, you can take appropriate action to protect your child. You should consider filing a motion to modify custody given the current situation.
Q. Soo I’m 18 and my boyfriend is 16 turning 17 and I’m pregnant will we get in trouble? The legal age of consent is 16
A: Ok, that's a lot. No, there is no criminal exposure, you are correct the age of consent is 16. Yes a minor can recognize his child legally, however he will need to have a guardian and listen appointed to him. Yes he can provide a passport.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Bull & Reinhardt, PLLC
160 E. Chestnut Street
Asheville, NC 28801
Telephone: (828) 254-0499
Fax: (828) 254-5166