Free Consultation: (973) 687-8613Tap to Call This Lawyer
Adam Brown

Adam Brown

  • Family Law, Divorce, Tax Law...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a self-motivated attorney with experience in transaction and litigation work. My background in corporate and individual taxation, and experience clerking in the Superior Court of New Jersey provides me with a unique perspective to counsel across a diverse range of practice areas. I have represented clients at trial, in mediation and arbitration, and post-judgment modification hearings. My experience in civil transactions has focused on contract drafting, incorporation, and compliance review.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Tax Law
  • Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Area
  • Temporary Restraining Orders
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Rutgers School of Law-Newark
J.D. (2014)
Activities: Tax Law Society President
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey # 135732017
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hudson County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Essex County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. Hello My name is Jessica.My sons dad is receiving a settlement next week.will i receive something?
A: Need more information. Were you two married? Is there an agreement?
Q. Do I need to be specific when asking for evidence from opposing attorney?
A: You have the opportunity to conduct what we call "discovery." There are various mechanisms for discovery request. Since you are on your own, you should consult with an attorney about what you will need to prove your case. Then you should inquiry about how to admit what you need into evidence. Adam
Q. Can a custodial parent put a noncustodial parent on child support twice after being off? Parents were never married.
A: Yes, it is the right of the child.
Q. The father of my children and I have lived together for 17 years. The house is in his name.
A: You certainly have rights to the home. I agree that this case could get expensive if it is contested. You will need to retain an attorney to get your equity out of the home, child support, partition, and move on.
Q. What is my recourse when my ex wife takes my minor child out of the country with out my consent which is in our PSA
A: The court can go to the police and charge him with parental interference. This is a second degree offense if overseas. I would have to know a lot more about the order and PSA to give a truly definitive answer and to advise on best course of action. You have options here, seek a consultation with an attorney.
Q. Can I take my kids from NJ to visit my brother in VA while still married?
A: There is presently no court order likely in place. Generally you cannot kidnap your own kids. When there is a court order, you could be charged with parental interference. Filing for divorce is wise, temporarily visiting your brother should be possible. However, to visit your brother without disruption, I recommend hiring counsel to draft some sort of certification for assurance of your return. Otherwise, I would recommend counsel to make some sort of parenting-time plan during the pendency of the litigation. Worst case scenario, you need to file a motion in court.
Q. How can you make spousal support fair in a prenup?
A: You could ask for a percentage, that would protect your marital lifestyle better. Inheritance is a separate issue, which could also be agreed-upon in the prenup. If I were you, I would consult with an attorney about the entire agreement before signing. These agreements will definitely impact your divorce.
Q. My husband is lying about how much money he is making
A: Thank you for your question. The best way to pursue spousal support without getting divorced is through the FD-non-dissolution docket, There, you can request spousal support, as well as designate the case complex. A complex designation will allow you to request discovery, i.e., bank statements, paystubs, etc. I highly recommend you retain an attorney to help you file and argue the case the right way.
Q. In recovery with 2 children. They reside with their grandparent who limits me to 8 hours/wk. How can I get them back?
A: Very much of the answer depends on the court order. I do think you have recourse, however, a lawyer will need more information about the case. If there is a court order, you need to show a substantial change of circumstances affecting the welfare of your children to modify the order.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
221 River Street
9th Floor
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Telephone: (973) 687-8613